Three professors are members of LIF and current supervise a dozen students of all cycles. In total, since its inception, more than 30 students have worked at LIF, coming from places as diverse as Québec, France, China and Africa.
Sylvain Hallé, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Mathematics at UQAC, where he has been working since 2010. He obtained a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) and has worked as a postdoctoral research fellow at University of California, Santa Barbara, from 2008 to 2010. Pr. Hallé has received numerous international awards for his research on software testing and verification, and earned two Governor General of Canada’s Academic Medals, in 1997 and 2009.
Raphaël Khoury, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Mathematics at UQAC since 2014. Pr. Khoury has worked for three years as a postdoctoral researcher at DRDC Valcartier, a research and development center for the Canadian Defence. His expertise is centered around computer security, and in particular the real-time detection of attacks and security flaws in computer systems.
Sébastien Gaboury, Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Mathematics at UQAC since 2012. He has authored close to a hundred research papers in international journals and conferences. Pr. Gaboury was the recipient of the Governor General of Canada’s Academic Medal in 2013 for his doctoral work in fundamental mathematics.
The contribution of our graduate and undergraduate students is crucial. All of LIF’s research projects also have an academic component that benefits to all the students that contribute to them.
- Gabrielle Bastien, was awarded an NSERC excellence scholarship
- Daehli Nadeau-Otis
- Francis Guérin
- Michaël Larouche, was awarded an NSERC excellence scholarship
- Kun Xie
- Edmond La Chance
Thanks to all our former students how have worked at LIF since its creation in 2012. (Please contact us if your status has changed or if we forgot you!)
- Nicolas Bergeron, B.Sc. (currently doing an M.Sc. in Arts)
- Jérôme Calvar, M.Sc.
- Guillaume Demarty, M.Sc.
- Sarah Desmeules, B.Sc., was awarded an NSERC scholarship
- Ayyoub Gannoun, M.Sc. internship
- Bassam Khorchani, M.Sc.
- Raphaël Laguerre, B.Sc., exchange program with Télécom Saint-Étienne (France)
- Kim Lavoie, 1er cycle (was awarded an NSERC excellence scholarship; now works for Cégep de Chicoutimi)
- Gabriel Le Breton, 1er cycle (now works for TLM)
- Amadou Makhtar Tall, M.Sc.
- Fabien Maronnaud, M.Sc.
- Aouatef Mrad, M.Sc.
- Éric Lunaud Ngoupé, Ph.D. (now works for CGI)
- Gaël Perrot, 1er cycle
- Martin Renaud, 1er cycle (now works for Cegertec WorleyParsons)
- Lei Shi, M.Sc.
- Maxime Soucy-Boivin, M.Sc. (now works for Gouvernement du Québec)
- Youssef Achkar Touzani, M.Sc. internship
- Raphaël Tremblay-Lessard, M.Sc. (now works for Cégep de Chicoutimi)
- Dominic Vaillancourt, 1er cycle (now works for Behaviour Interactive)
- Jason Vallet, M.Sc. internship (currently doing a Ph.D. at Université de Bordeaux)
- Guillaume Vassal, B.Sc. exchange program with Télécom Saint-Étienne (France)
- Simon Varvaressos, M.Sc., recipient of an excellence scholarship from Fonds de recherche Québec